Give your computer a comprehensive once over. Dr. Hardware is a program of extreme detail that is not recommended for anyone who isn't into the possibility of their computer grinding to a halt during examination.
Upon installing this program, you will be presented with a telling readme file that informs you that it may evoke "Severe Exception Errors" (blue screen), "General Protection Faults", or "Program Errors". This isn’t due to the program being unstable, but rather to the fact that it pushes your computer to its limit in order to get an accurate measure of just what your system is capable of.
To begin with, you land on a general rundown of your system where you can perform the general overview test, that will outline your hardware configuration. You can then go on to explore the various tabs throughout the program, which aim to make navigating easier, but can actually get quite ambiguous since there are just so many tabs on there. The interface feels outdated and the creators don’t seem to have put much thought in to making it easy to use.
That said, the program contains a breathtakingly detailed breakdown of your computer's components and once you get used to the interface, you can find info about any hardware setting imaginable. The configuration menu will let you customize how the program performs, in accordance with the whether you are a novice or an expert computer user.
This is a powerful piece of software for checking the performance of your computer, although with such a rigorous scan, you may expect your system to crash at any moment.
- Detects and analyses the latest processors, mainboard chipsets, PCI devices and much more.
- New: Support for AMD Phenom, Dual Core Intel Xeon 7200 and Quad Core Intel Xeon 7300 processor, Celeron 400, AMD Dual, Embedded and Quad Core Opteron for socket 1207+
- New: support for Intel 945GME, GM965, PM965, GL960, GME965, GLE960, G31, P31, Q33,
- Q35, X38, 7300, E8501, nVidia nForce 500 and 630 chipsets, MCP61 chipsets (nForce 400/405/420/430); detects AMD 770, 790X and 790FX chipsets
- New: Sensor analysis: support for Winbond W83627EHF, W83627EHG and W83627DHG,
- improved Winbond chip detection and analysis, overall improved ISA connected sensor chip detection
- More than just system info: Features Burn-In-test, Rating test, keyboard input test, monitor test screen.
- Several bug fixes and much more